This is the first blog for Aromatherapy Oasis. I currently own and operate Londa's Body Care, LLC. I formulate cold processed soap, natural lotions and body butters, and a host of other natural skin care products. I have always had a desire for using products that are good for me. I try not to take medications but live a good life and eat fairly healthy. I will not go into the full long detail of my journey for using natural products but I will state that I love the difference between cold processed soap compared to commercial soaps that are on the market today.
For this class I will be demonstrating how to safely make cold processed soap. When properly made handmade soaps are known to be mild and moisturizing to the skin. This is a three (3) hour course. For this course you will learn:
- A Brief history of soap
- Proper handling of Lye (Sodium Hydroxide)
- Carrier oil properties
- How to customize your soap using different oils and butters
- Helpful tips when making soap
- Coloring soap with the use of herbs
- Scenting with essential oils
- How to use a lye calculator
- Molds for making soap
- Cutting and curing soap
- Where to purchase supplies
- Packaging your soap
- Over 30 pages of detailed instructions to take home (Manual)
- Must be over 18 years of age to take this class
I get asked all the time "how did you get into that?" Many people do not know where to start when it comes to making cold processed soap and natural skin care products. So I decided to share the knowledge that I have learned through the years by offering classes and manuals. By the end of the class you will know how to comfortably know how to work with lye and how to make your own products to sell or just to make for friends and family.
Right now I am offering cold processed soap, herbal infused balm making classes and aromatherapy courses.