Minor headaches might appear to be not so painful when compared to several other diseases that plague human beings. However, a long- drawn one can actually mess up your entire day and leave you in a very bad mood. The worst part of these headaches is that they arise for a number of reasons and often bother you at the time when you are least expecting them. While there is no possible cure for headache, the medicines that offer quick relief are considered quite harmful for frequent consumption. Aromatherapy and the essential oils, on the other hand, offer solution to this problem just like it relieves stress and treats many other diseases that are otherwise difficult curing. Although an aromatherapy consultation is must for anyone using essential oils, here is an overview of some of the aromatic oils that work best for headaches.
The Different Types of Aromatic Oils
It is the ingredients of the oils that ensure a proper treatment of the different types of headaches.
- To begin with, Eucalyptus essential oil has a magical solution to the ones resulting from sinus. The oil comprises of Cineole, which is an Oxide and the latter acts as both expectorant as well as anti-inflammatory.
- The Helichrysum essential oil works equally well for treating these aches because it is an exceptionally powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Lavender essential oil contains considerably large amounts of esters, which automatically calls for its sedative and anti-inflammatory properties. This particular aromatic item reduces the intensity of your pain to a great extent and within very less time.
- Peppermint aromatic oil consists of menthol, which is known to create a soothing and relaxing effect. Tension headaches are best treated by this particular oil.
- Last but not the least, spearmint oil with its highest content of mint and carvone is the best medicine for headache. A blend of spearmint and peppermint oil is often recommended for reducing the pain.
While the above given list puts forward the different solutions that can be considered useful for treating headaches, it is essential to know the right process of using them to make the most out of these products. It is the blend and the manner of massaging the solution on the forehead that determines the ultimate result or the effectiveness with which you get relieved from the pain. It is here that the importance of detailed aromatherapy consultation with the best of the professionals in the field is established.