It is but a fact that aromatherapy has been around for more than a century, as a method of alternative treatment for various physical and mental issues. However, the use of essential oils or aromatic extracts when not done in the right quantities could pose more risks than benefits, say experts. This is why it is important to understand the nature and quality of the oil, the quantity in which it should be administered to the patient, the composition of each and which would be used to treat what as well. To gain answers and seek more help, it is advised to attend Aromatherapy Workshops, where one would learn the difference, especially about volatile, plain and ethereal oils too.
The Extraction Method
There are various ways in which essential oils are extracted from their source, and each process should be learnt about as well. It is said that the electromagnetic fields of the oils are disrupted when unnatural ways are used for extraction, which then makes them less potent and redundant in most cases when put to test. Hence, at the workshops, one would learn more and discover how to choose the right oils, knowing the methods of extraction too.
Types of Extraction
- Expression is a method where the citrus peels are used for oil procurement, and the method is same as that of olive oil extraction. Large and heavy mechanical tools and equipment are used for the oil extraction and in some cases, cold pressed ways too. Both methods are important and cost effective as well.
- Distillation is another method of extraction, a commonly used method for substances such as lavender, peppermint and even from other herbs, such as eucalyptus. Alembic is the distillation apparatus used for the process, and the raw plant's roots, leaves, wood, flowers and peels or even seeds are fed into the alembic for the needful to be done. Water is then added for oil extraction, and in a single distillation process which takes almost a day, the whole procedure is done.
- Flora-sols is another form of oil extraction where flora-sol acts as the refrigerant needed for the purpose. This refrigerant actually helps since it is eco-friendly and brings out the purest of oils. No foreign elements are involved in the extraction of oils using this method.
The Types and Benefits
- Essential oils are used for physical and mental conditions. Patients suffering from hysteria, hypertension, anxiety and depression find a lot of benefits using these.
- Beauty and cosmetic regimes are enhanced with the use of these substances.
- Religious organisations and institutions buy essential and aroma oils for various needs too
To ensure that you would be using the right aromatic and essential oils for the loved one's treatment at home or for a patient, learn first from an expert and then go ahead with your practice.