I am on a journey to make the switch to using natural cleaning products in my home. I have been doing this for awhile and I love it. I love making my own products because I am not limited to what is offered commercially. The choices of aromatic blends are endless. You can use the same three essential oils and just use different amounts of each and create multiple scents if you choose.
Many people think that it is too difficult to make homemade natural cleaning products. So I decided to share how easy it can be. I was about to make a fresh batch of carpet fresh and decided to break out the camera to give a little demonstration. I don't have much carpet left in my home due to allergens but nice area rugs gives a nice touch.
I am currently using some of my older essential oils and oils that I have discontinued using for product making for Londa's Body Care. So if you have some oils that may have oxidized it is a good way to use them up. Sometimes it is hard to follow recipes on a video so I am including the recipe below. Please if you like this site; leave a comment. I would love it if you would share your own blends once you try making your own carpet fresh at home. I love the feedback and interaction.
Carpet Fresh Recipe
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 75 drops of Lime (Citrus aurantifolia) essential oil
- 45 drops of Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- 30 drops of Siberian Fir (Abies sibirica)
- Add Baking Soda to a glass container
- Mix essential oils in a separate container
- Add essential oils to baking soda and mix really well
- Add Baking soda to a container with a lid and allow the scent to soak in for 24 hours before use.
- After 24 hours; sprinkle carpet fresh onto carpet and wait 15 to 20 minutes and then vacuum.